This blog began as a journal of a Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Travel Award visit to the USA to study how Lifestyle Redesign could be used in Occupational Therapy to improve the hospital/home interface for older people. It has continued to record developments and inspiration gained from that experience since returning from Los Angeles early in 2012.

3 Reasons to follow this blog...

Be Inspired-
WCMT travel awards are open to all British citizens

Be Involved- learn about Lifestyle Redesign programs and contribute to the discussion about the potential of this approach.

Be Information Technology savvy- just learning how blogs work is a new skill for many of us!


Friday 27 April 2012

X is in neXt....

 
As in what’s next for this blog- OK cheating a bit I know, but X is difficult!
This blog began as a diary of the study visit I carried out earlier this year. I will continue to use it beyond the end of the A-Z challenge to record the experiences I have of putting my learning into action and sharing what I have learned. This will be an evolving process over time, so I will have plenty to write about.

The other day I did an informal presentation to the Occupational Therapy Support Workers group where I work, we had some really interesting discussions about the experiences I had and the similarities and differences between our workplace and those I visited. I was really inspired by their enthusiasm, interest and openness to new ideas.

I hope some of you who have become followers of this blog during the A-Z challenge will continue to follow and find this blog interesting and informative. I’ll try to keep it that way!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting series. I'll have to come back and read through it. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Occupational Therapy is a field I'm familiar with. Our two grandsons have Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy and have worked with some very knowledgeable and caring individuals over their years.
    I'm visiting on the A to Z Challenge, but I also have just begun a blog about this topic. I'm a new follower.
    Kathy at Oak Lawn Images
    The site for it is:
    http://myotonicdystrophy-ourfamilysjourney.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, interesting topic, I will be coming in later to check out more!

    Roadtrip: On my way from A all the way to Z!
    English Speaking Zone

    ReplyDelete